Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
W
Ring-brand Outdoor Siren for Alarm-US Availability?
alarm-siren
alarm
product-request
positive-feedback
I found a manual for a Ring-branded alarm outdoor siren on the Ring US web site, but I cannot find the siren itself for sale in the US-the only external siren I can find is the Dome indoor siren. The outdoor siren appears to be available for order for UK and EU customers (and possibly other countries), but it is unclear if the siren is compatible with US z-wave systems. I also noticed that there is a tab in the "Set Up a Device" for the alarm for the siren (Alarm Devices/Set Up A Device/Security/Siren), so now all I need is the siren itself! If anyone here has any info on how to purchase one of these and/or if the EU/UK version is compatible with US alarms and could post it, I would be much obliged. FYI, here is a link to the siren web page: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054374931-Ring-Alarm-Outdoor-Siren-

06-10-2021 02:43:48

Responses (22)

M
Hi there, @Webdweeb! We are discontinuing the sale of the current Outdoor Siren product in the U.S. and Canada, and are working hard on a new version of the product. We appreciate your interest, and will certainly share your feedback with our teams here! :)

06-10-2021 04:42:55

R
Well that's annoying! I waited for a year to buy an outdoor siren, finally saw it mentioned, and before I could buy it, it's already discontinued! I guess I wait some more. Adding the alarm on the cameras is better than nothing, but not by much.

05-11-2021 03:25:38

B
I hope Ring/Amazon quickly comes out with an updated outdoor siren. My alarm went off because I didn't realize it was on when we left the house without a phone. Our emergency people were so worried when they were alerted. Since Ring has already settled with ADT on the shape, why not just change the outside case already. If not, we'd like to know what other outdoor sirens are compatible with Ring Alarm Systems. This is a major flaw/disadvantage with ring alarms, IMHO.

20-03-2022 03:21:07

D
Can we get a status update on the outdoor siren. It’s almost been a year since ring settled with adt over the shape of the device. changing the shape seems like a rather simple fix. Ring now makes outdoor contact sensors but no outdoor siren. I have multiple outdoor ring camera that have sirens but those sirens are unable to link with the alarm system. This is another MAJOR flaw in the ring system. I can only manually set off the camera sirens. The ring alarm system can’t activate the sirens when the alarm is triggered.

16-04-2022 02:37:12

R
Yes please produce a new an outdoor siren. Further, please produce a wireless relay output so we can still use the siren from our home security system. Ring obviously saw the need to convert older systems and produced the retrofit kit. The fact ring doesn't offer either an outdoor siren or the ability to use a powered siren seems ridiculous to me.

16-05-2022 04:11:19

U
Any update on this. Would be great to know a rough timeline. Thanks

10-07-2022 12:46:42

Z
I've been waiting for this for years. It's way past due.

03-08-2022 02:43:34

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User