Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
U
Ring notification when power is out or internet is down
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
ios
When power or internet is down is there a way getting notification from the app? Unless you check constantly thru the app, you don’t realize the power or internet is out. Very dangerous.

07-09-2023 08:19:13

Responses (3)

J
Hi @user57583. Yes, you can enable notifications for the Ring Alarm to notify you when the Base Station has lost connection to your wifi and is on Cellular Backup. It can also notify you when it has lost power and is using its Battery Backup. To do so, follow these steps: * Open the Ring app and tap on the main menu (3-lined icon in the top left corner). * Tap **Settings** then **Alert Settings**. * Tap **Alarm**. * Tap the **PUSH** tab on the top right. * Toggle on Push Notifications and then toggle off or on the type of notifications you would like to receive from your Ring Alarm. I hope this is what you are looking for.

07-09-2023 11:31:08

U
I don’t have a base station. I have 2 cameras only and they are in a wifi network. When I open up settings on my iOS app there is no such Alert Setting line to open up alarm push notifications.

10-09-2023 08:56:05

J
@user57583. This category where you posted your question is for the Ring Alarm, which is why I mentioned this feature. This feature is not available for Doorbells and Cameras. I was able to find this Feature Request [post](https://community.ring.com/t/notification-of-device-offline/4360/167) where others have requested this for Cameras. Feel free to comment and vote on it. The Feature Request board helps us organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place

11-09-2023 11:41:35

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

11-10-2023 11:42:32

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User