Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
Problem with auto connect after power outage
troubleshooting

Hi 

I am considering replacing my current alarm system for a Ring Alarm in a normal 4 bed house. I have read on posts dated 2021 that there is/was a problem with the system automatically reconnecting after a power outage which appeared to affect many users. Is this still a problem? I would also comment my current alarm supplier is warning in strong terms NOT to go down the Ring route suggesting there are too many issues. It is difficult to determine if what he says is true or he’s just trying to protect his market. His offering for a replacement alarm system is 4 times the price of Ring!!

28-06-2024 05:15:05

Responses (1)

T

Hi,

It sounds like you just answered your own question...:).  Is Ring perfect? No, but it offers a ton of features and devices for the money and has a great app to control it all. 

The Ring system should automatically reconnect after a power loss. Remember, your router and internet must also reboot before the Ring system can reconnect unless there is a UPS. 

I don't work for Ring...:)

29-06-2024 03:48:55

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

D

Danielhrch

User
Solutions