Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
P
Is it possible to set off motion-sensors remotely?
motion-detector
alarm
troubleshooting
I have the Ring Alarm-system installed in a closeby building used as storage. Recently I had a motion-sensor (2nd gen) being set off in a sealed off room with no heatsources and windows blinded. Living nearby I arrived within 3-4 minutes to inspect, and observed one shady individual running off from the building into a waiting car as I arrived. It is in a rural area with a passing road, an area where one hardly ever observe people other than locals on foot. There was no sign of attempted break-in, but I wonder if those people were testing if anyone actually is monitoring the place. Is it possible to set off a motion-sensor remotely with RF-interference or similar? I noticed that the alarm-hub had registered a weakened signal from the sensor that was set off although this has never been a problem before or since.

10-10-2023 09:20:26

Responses (2)

C

Hi @PerH. Since this storage building is separate from where the Ring Alarm is installed, you may run into connectivity issues, especially if this building is far from your Base Station. I can't speculate as to what exactly might have caused the Motion Detector to trigger. It's possible something in the building was disturbed and triggered the sensor. Regardless I'd suggest reviewing the area your Motion Detector has in its view to ensure there's no reflective surfaces or sources of heat to prevent false alarms. Additionally, securing any doors or windows with a Contact Sensor would provide an extra measure of security.

10-10-2023 09:50:29

P

The entire alarm-system is installed in the same building, which in turn is connected with fibre to the rest of the property for internet and other communications.

03-05-2024 07:09:45

C
@user51307 I edited my post after replying to you in order to clarify my explanation and prevent any further confusion from other neighbors. There is no official complaint form, but your feedback has been noted.

12-10-2023 06:06:33

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User