Yale Assure 256 integration

Bought this Yale lock, and like it a lot. Would like to integrate it into my Ring system–it claims I can. In going through the Ring add-on process, at a certain point it asks me to input my lock code and then #-7-#-3-#. The Yale lock pad has no “#” key available to punch in, which is what it appears to be asking for.

Anyone else had this issue?

Hey @Brucedude. Do you have another symbol where the # gear normally would be? There may be a gear icon on the lock instead that you will need to push. Free free to try out the option that is there and let me know if it works! :slight_smile:

There’s a gear in the lower right where the # symbol would normally be.

I tried your suggestion, but it doesn’t seem to work.

This is not critical, as I can still usge the August app. But always nice to have everything in one place.

Thanks.

Hey @Brucedude, chiming in for Chelsea here. Is your Yale lock already set up within the August App? If it is, that may be why the command is not working to add it into the Ring App, as the lock can’t be associated with multiple networks at once.

I would recommend to first try removing it from the August system. After that’s done, open the Ring App > Main Menu > Set Up a Device > Security Devices > Works With Ring. This is a different way to add a smart lock into the Ring App, and after you tap Add you’ll want to follow the instructions in your smart lock’s manual for putting the lock into inclusion mode. There should be a section in the manual on adding or removing the Yale lock from z-wave networks that will have this information.

If those steps are unsuccessful, you may want to reach out to our support team at one of the numbers availablehere. They may have some additional insight on this and can provide more in-depth troubleshooting. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know if my suggestion works, or what our support team recommends as it can help other neighbors! :slight_smile: