Wired stick up cam no longer in dashboard

Hi,

I have seen many similar posts relating to wired stick-up cams either going offline or displaying low-battery warnings.

I have two wired cameras which are no longer appearing in my dashboard (doorbell is fine). This is the third time this has occurred.

My wifi and power-supplies are confirmed as good (unaltered)… And the doorbell seems happy enough.

The low-battery issue is interesting - when I setup the cameras there was no option to specify wired supply in the app. (even though there is no battery present).

I noticed a solution posted 5/15/2020 which seems to show a workaround of adding a battery to the cameras but that this is no longer needed. (same post, 6/6/2020).

Can someone confirm that if I go up a ladder for the third time and reboot these devices, there will be a fully supported mains-power operation mode…? It seems there is a serious bug here.

Thanks.

Phil.

Hi @burromarron. If your Stick Up Cams are falling offline or displaying a low battery alert despite being wired, I would highly recommend performing a reset and a fresh setup on them. This will refresh each Camera’s connection with the Ring App and with your home wifi network to ensure that everything is working properly.

You can reset the Cameras by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s done, you’ll need to set each Camera up again in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. This should take care of the low battery alerts for you.

Should this concern persist after trying those steps, it may be best for you to reach out to our support team directly so they can take a closer look. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: