Wired Floodlight Dimmable?

Is the Ring Wired Floodlight dimmable via the Ring app? I have a Battery Floodlight is dimmable via the app. I’d like to know if the wired version is dimmable. Ring Support could not tell me and there’s nothing on the product description website. Thanks!

It is not dimmable. Just on and off.

Good question @Davey130! The brightness of your Smart Lighting Wired Floodlight can certainly be controlled in the app. If you have any battery powered Smart Lights, this setting will also help with battery life!

Check out our help center article to learn more about this and other settings available in the Ring app. :slight_smile:

I can not locate that setting anywhere . How do I get to it in the app?

Thanks

Hi @Mel2020! You can find this setting by opening the main menu in your Ring app, selecting “Devices”, and selecting your Smart Light or Light Group. Once you are on the page for that specified Smart Light in the Ring app, there will be a brightness on the page. If not, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have also tried to find this “brightness/dimmer” setting and have not.
Just purchased my wired floodlights and they definitely need this setting.

1 Like

@Soundwerks Do you have the Floodlight Cam, or the Floodlight Wired, as apart of the Ring Smart Lighting?

@Chelsea_Ring
I have the Floodlight wired.

I also made sure I had the lastest version of the app offered in Google play. Updated app, uninstalled and reinstalled just to make sure. Same result, no “brightness/dimmer” when you select the wired flood light (no camera).
My battery operated flood lights do have the brightness slider bar for adjusting.

@Soundwerks Perfect, thank you! I just wanted to clarify what device you had to make sure. Our battery and solar powered Floodlights (no cam) with the Ring Smart Lighting system have a design in the product that allows for us to enable an option in the app to adjust the brightness of the lights. The wired Floodlight product (no cam) does not have this feature in the product to allow for dimming abilities.

Other neighbors have requested this option before, which you can find on our Feature Request board here. Please feel free to add your feedback and vote to that request. We use the Feature Request board to gather and share new ideas with our teams here. Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks! It is likely that all of us who purchased the wired floodlight (no cam) would very much like to have this feature of controlling the brightness on the app. Would the addition of such a feature be a software update that will allow those of us who have already installed the wired floodlights to access the feature?

Until this feature is included for wired floodlights, I suggest that this information (the absence of this feature) be more visible in your marketing and product information to help us make better choices when buying Ring lights. Thanks!

2 Likes

Since the wired floodlight camera is not dimmable with software is it possible to use a dimmer switch with the product?

1 Like

I keep waiting to purchase more wired floodlights until they have a dimming feature.

1 Like

I too would be interested in a dimmable wired floodlight camera. We have a small backyard and I would not want the 2000 lumens to impede into my neighbors windows.

1 Like

Please! Please a dimmable feature on the floodlight wired (no cam) 2000 Lumins is really bright. I want my yard lit up, but not so bright my neighbors complain or me being blinded myself when walking back after dark.

It is so simple. Please add a dimmable feature, please, please add this. I will by four more on day 1 as soon as I can dim the light.
-Jason

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.