Will never recommend path lights to anyone

So I already had the doorbell, and saw positive reviews on the solar path lights, so I bought 3 of them. 2 of them have broken within the first 60 days, of course outside the 30 day refund warranty. They have full sun for 12 hours a day, yet they will not hold enough charge to pay without needing to be manually charged in an ac outlet. The best part is, they DO NOT WORK AS INTENDED, the lighting schedule must be reset EVERY DAY or they do not come when motion is sensed, even though they alert me to it.

DAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT BUY RING SOLAR PATH LIGHTS. I WOULD LOVE A REFUND IF SOMEONE FROM RING WOULD ENGAGE WITH ME. All I’ve gotten is canned responses, such as what appears in the manual. I am a10+ year IT professional, I find it insulting with some of the troubleshooting suggestions from Ring support.

So,. $150 and 60 days later, must reset the lights (lighting schedule) daily to work property, and 2 of the 3 have already tried charging via AC to not show offline before the sun goes down.

ENORMOUS FAIL, AND WILL NOT BE BUYING ANY OTHER RING PRODUCTS IF THIS REMAINS UNRESOLVED.

1 Like

Hi @wtaylor810. I’m sorry to hear your Solar Pathlights aren’t meeting your expectations. Currently, you’re on the Ring Community, which is a public peer-to-peer forum where neighbors can interact with one another and ask each other questions. Since you have some warranty concerns with your Solar Pathlights as well as a few different concerns, it would be best if you followed up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. A member of our support team can review the warranty on your Pathlights and walk through any applicable troubleshooting steps available. This may include some steps you’ve already tried, but our support team does try to be thorough so they can narrow down the cause of what you’re experiencing in order to find the best solution.

Caitlyn, I’d like to return these for a refund. Can you assist with that? They do not work as intended and advertised. I feel like I’ve been ripped off 150$

@wtaylor810 As mentioned, the Ring Community is a public peer-to-peer forum, so we are not a direct line to the support team. For returns or refunds, you need to follow up with our support team.

I completely agree with you , I purchased 2 of the solar lights at the end of summer 2023 for my front walkway and had to replace the batteries in them within a month, then as soon as winter rolled around and the sun was at a different angle they would still receive sunlight part of the day but haven’t worked once. I thought it would be a much better product since my doorbell works great and haven’t had any problems with that at all. But these I definitely would not recommend

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.