Wifi issues

Im having problems with wifi, it connects to the ring and stalls out at the connecting to your stick up cam… its plugged in and it’s above the wireless router. I dont understand why it wont work.

Hi @CEWESTFALL. If you are not able to complete your setup for your Camera, try the following steps:

• Reboot your Camera by pressing and holding the setup button for 20–25 seconds.

• Reboot your smart phone and shut off Bluetooth.

• Disable any active VPNs on your phone.

• Use another smart phone or tablet to complete the setup. Also, make sure you login to the same account that you created on the original phone.

We also have this Help Center page with other steps you can try for your concern. I hope these steps help!

I'm also having problems completing StickUp Cam setup. It gets as far as connecting to the ring camera WiFi private connection and stalls out at "Connecting to your Stick-Up Cam…"  I've tried resetting router, bluetooth is disabled, VPN is disabled. Signal strength is strong. 
It would be helpful to know what the camera/phone link is supposed to be doing and how long the operation should take. Is it normal to wait 5 minutes or should it complete within 30 seconds? It would also be helpful to know additional work-arounds besides resetting the router, etc. Also, I should mention this camera worked fine last year, then I put it away for a while. I pulled it out yesterday, then connected it and it was working fine, except it would not do "Live View" so I reset the camera and disconnected it from the account and am in-process of reconnecting it to my account. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Hi @ronb64. If you have tried all the basic troubleshooting steps and are still having the same concern, the next best step would be to give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assitance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.