Widget for Modes on Android

I just activated the Modes feature and love this concept. I’ve read other requests to be able to add more modes and I love that idea. (I think it would be awesome to be able to customize motion zones within modes as well, but that’s not what my main suggestion is).

I would LOVE for you guys to create an Android widget for Modes. This would be a great feature to add the widget to my phone’s home screen with the 3 mode buttons very easily accessible. If I’m going to be spending time outside and want to quickly disarm, I would love to not have to open the app to do that and be able to do that directly from the widget on my home screen.

Thanks for considering!

7 Likes

I was just about to submit this same idea. Makes total sense. Cant believe it’s not available already.

1 Like

Would love to have this feature added!! Had it with previous system and used it all the time.

I would also like to +1 this feature request!

Add me to the list of folks asking for a widget for Android phones. I just started using Ring and I’m amazed that one doesn’t exist.

+1 For this feature!

It’d be great to have this feature; I’ve really wanted it for a while. If Ring staff listened to their community we’d have this easily implemented feature by now.

Need this!

@abbym121 wrote:
I just activated the Modes feature and love this concept. I’ve read other requests to be able to add more modes and I love that idea. (I think it would be awesome to be able to customize motion zones within modes as well, but that’s not what my main suggestion is).

I would LOVE for you guys to create an Android widget for Modes. This would be a great feature to add the widget to my phone’s home screen with the 3 mode buttons very easily accessible. If I’m going to be spending time outside and want to quickly disarm, I would love to not have to open the app to do that and be able to do that directly from the widget on my home screen.

Thanks for considering!

@abbym121 wrote:

Thanks for considering!

I also was very surprised when I tried to add a widget to my home screen and couldn’t find anything under Ring. Even a Beta trial of this feature would be very much appreciated!

1 Like

Yes, this needs to happen! I’d really like a quick, convenient way of switching modes without having to open the app.

Yes please!
I not a widget, a toggle like the WiFi/Bluetooth from the top bar would also be great!

This is definitely needed for ease of use

1 Like

This needs to happen!

1 Like

I cant believe there is not a basic Ring widget for any basic feature. I just searched on my phone and there is nothing. This would really help me as a disabled person having just a one touch single tap feature.

1 Like

Count me in too for the Android widget