Wi-Fi extender will not connect any cameras?

I have a couple of extenders around our home. It. Is old and has thick walls. However the extenders give good speeds (70MBPS). When using the extender however, it will not connect to any camera. The annoying American lady just keeps telling me there is a problem with my internet. Which there clearly is not. Anybody else have this issue? I also have a CHIME Pro. which continues to drop out. Grateful for any help. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @ajduf15. Wifi extenders can vary widely, in both their performance and settings. The majority of Ring Cameras are only compatible with 2.4GHz wifi networks, so it’s important that the wifi extender is providing a 2.4GHz connection rather than 5GHz. Verify the wifi network name and SSID, as sometimes an extender will have different details than the main network. We also have some troubleshooting steps here to try when performing a new setup and connecting your Camera to a different network.

One last thing to check is that the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are turned on. If none of these suggestions work, please follow up with our support team to take a deeper look at your network settings. You can reach our support team at one of the numbers here, or by sending a private message @Ring on Facebook or Twitter.