Smart Lighting

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s battery and solar powered smart lights.
B
Why only one bridge?
hardwired-smart-lighting
troubleshooting
bridge
I have a large property with lots of metal sheds. I need to setup another bridge to be able to reach an additional out door smart plug. The Smart Plug I want to install is out of reach from my current bridge. Why can’t I use more than one bridge? Is there a way around this? Why does the smart plug that connects via Wi-Fi need a bridge anyway? FYI, I did try to move my bridge in between both smart plugs but still to far to reach both at the same time. Thank you in advance!! BigGreen

05-10-2023 10:21:42

Responses (3)

C
Hi @Biggreen. At this time, only one Ring Smart Lighting Bridge can be set up per Location in the Ring app. You're welcome to add your feedback regarding the limit to our [Feature Request](https://community.ring.com/c/products/feature-request-board/24) board, which we use to gather and share new ideas with our teams here. Which smart plug are you looking to set up in the Ring app?

05-10-2023 11:42:55

U

Why though? You haven’t explained the reason, if you limit the number of devices per bridge, how can i expand?

19-04-2024 11:03:59

G

There are too many limitations on some of the items. I SHOULD NOT have to start another location to use two bridges. I have to use 3 locations for 3 bridges because of the size of my property.

27-04-2024 02:26:26

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

27-05-2024 02:27:21

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User