General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
U
Why don't I get email notifications from this forum?
troubleshooting
notifications
I have email notifications turned on in my forum settings, yet I never get notifications. When I go to my profile summary, I see this at the top: Email 864b0276e6fc6d----------6e8058bbef344efc@no-email.invalid I replaced ten characters with dashes for security purposes. What the heck is @no-email.invalid? If that is the email address Ring has for me then this explains why I don't get emails. However, I do not see a way to change it in the forum. I do see that I can change my Ring account email address but I have no trouble security related emails so I don't need to change my Ring email address, just the one in the forum. How do I fix this?

07-12-2023 04:42:20

Responses (2)

C
Hi @uscpsycho. In an effort to maintain the privacy and security of your Ring account, your email address is masked on the Community. This means neither you or any moderators can see this information. As such, email notifications are not an option, and you will only receive notifications on the Ring Community itself. These can be checked by clicking your profile icon in the top right corner. We have some information on receiving notifications when logged into the Ring Community in our [New Member Guide](https://community.ring.com/t/community-101-new-member-guide/24971). You can also control what notifications you receive for posts you have responded to or created by clicking the bell icon at the bottom of the post. ![image|690x361](upload://oKoZvdJrMU7RUiyG6RnglGeVZ1x.png)

07-12-2023 06:11:05

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

06-01-2024 06:11:31

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User