Why does my Peephole Doorbell not take snapshots anymore?

I’m a relatively new Ring convert and up until a few days ago, I’ve been, on the whole, pleased with my Peephole Doorbell. I purchased a year’s subscription to the cloud and left the device to “do its thing”.

I particularly liked the snapshot feature but, a few days ago, that feature decided to no longer work.

Is it something I’ve done or, is the doorbell faulty?

Any suggestions, I will be glad to read about.

Thanks in anticipation

Hi @UlsterSam. The steps outlined in this Help Center article should be able to help you get your Snapshot Capture activated. If you find that this doesn’t work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Same problem here. Still doesn’t work. Peephole camera set to take snapshots every 14 minutes. None taken.

Feature used to work but hasn’t worked in months now.

Device reset multiple times.
Support say team are investigating. But no progress to fix made. Used to work well.

How do you actually see or retrieve your snapshots were are they stored ?

Hi @Wez. If you are subscribed to a Ring Protect Plan, you can view your snapshots on your Event Timeline, just like you do for events. This Help Center article here will explain snapshots more in depth as well. I hope this helps!

1 Like