When are you going to fix the defective smart lights?

When I bought these things, the last thing I wanted was to have to investigate them. For 6-7 months, I rarely thought about them, except when the batteries needed changing. Have about 15, assorted models. They are now all crippled by some sort of horrible firmware bug.

One minute online, 29 minutes offline, one minute online, 29 minutes offline. No alert that something is wrong, as apparently too many people complained of being flooded with alerts by this strange recurring phenomenon. Following support’s instructions, pulling the batteries for a moment, “fixes” it temporarily. Then they inevitably go into the death spiral again. These are defective products, seemingly all of them at this point and it is clear that they have had this problem for years, yet support keeps sending people in circles pulling batteries.

So, any timeline for fixing these stupid “security” lights? Is anyone there even working on this issue? Any thoughts on recalling the whole product line? Would seem reasonable at this point.

Looking forward to a response that’s not from a bot (or somebody impersonating a bot). Save the canned BS about being very sorry and any advice related to pulling batteries, unpairing and re-pairing the lights, etc. I’d like some real answers at this point.

I’ve had similar experiences. I have one steplight that was set-up, then unset itself. Now I can’t get it to set back up.

Hi there, neighbors! This should not be happening as long as signal to your Bridge and Smart Light is sufficient. Check out our Help Center article for troubleshooting your Smart Lights. While the article linked is for Pathlights, it contains general Smart Lighting device troubleshooting. You can also search for your device model specifically if you want.

Removing and replacing the batteries is a great call. As it sounds like this step has been complete, the best next step will be to bring the Smart Lighting device inside to charge manually, and placed close to the Bridge to test connection.

If this concern persists despite trying the standard troubleshooting steps above, this might require a more in-depth look from our support team. For further assistance and advanced troubleshooting, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.