Welcome neighbor! Please introduce yourself

I’ve had ring for 4 years at least now. Doorbell, 3 outside cameras, 1 indoor camera. My cameras helped to arrest and convict a male of breaking into cars in the neighborhood. A neighbor who is a probation officer knew him and went and arrested him. I make cat trees as a hobby. Signing off Jim S.

1 Like

Hi, we just installed the Ring Doorbell Pro and Chime. Ring customer service has been great.

1 Like

Does anyone else feel like a bait and switch with the smart alert feature? my system worked well with the smart alert feature enables during the 30 day trial and now that the trial is over it alerts on everything, leaves, birds, everything. That should be standard feature and not something you have to subscribe to otherwise the alerts are useless and need to be disabled which defeats the purpose of having the system. Very disappointed

Hi @Rochesterrog. The Smart Alerts feature requires an active Ring Protect plan subscription. Without an active plan, you will not be able to use Smart Alerts. You can read more about the feature here. For additional troubleshooting questions and concerns, please post in the Category that fits your question best.

Hey, Neighbors!
My name is Tom, and I’ fairly new to Ring. I started with the ring doorbell (love it), and I just installed the Ring Floodlight Cam Pro in the back yard this morning! I’m impressed so far… I’ve got a small indoor cam so I can spy on the dog while I’m gone. I ordered the floodlight cam pro battery and the solar panel—will be installed within a few days by the garage, where the doorbell cam was n’t reach.
I’ll try to keep you all posted on ease of installation and operation. So far, everything has been very user-friendly.
I live in Highlands of Seminole. I’ll post any strange and/or cute videos I capture. I hope you’ll do the same! :eye_in_speech_bubble:
-Tom C.

1 Like

Howdy Neighbors and Happy New Year!

Just used up our 30 day free trial and signed up for the  1 year pro protect plan.

Quite happy with the new stick up indoor/outdoor cams.
Already have been effective for warding off new
“visitors” who thought it was FINE to cross the PRIVATE DRIVE/ PRIVATE PROPERTY sign! Some people just aren’t so comfortable when they notice that they are fully ON CAMERA…SMILE!!

YAAAAY!!! BUHBYE UNDESIRABLES!! Actually saw a person breaking out in a FULL RUN when they saw my beautiful little RING- looking straight at em, AND taking pictures… soòoo pleased.

3 Likes

Hi. I’m Phil from England, UK. Recently got myself a Ring doorbell 4 and have a few questions!

Loving it though :smiley:

2 Likes

My name is will and i live in middletown ohio .im just kinda shopping around right now dont have alot of money during winter and the sytem i have now keeps over charging my card and never comes to fix the stuff so im looking for a better sytem i live above a bar so i need to be on the look out … But a fun fact im a scuba diver and its winter … I should live somewere year around warm

1 Like

Welcome neighbors, we’re glad to have you! If you have any questions, you can browse our different categories and create a new topic if you can’t find an answer about your device. :slight_smile:

Hi neighbors my name is Tina and my kids bought me a ring doorbell for Christmas. It’s been really nice to see when packages arrive, also I had a uninvited visitor one night and caught that on camera ; my dogs are good at letting me know when they hear anything but it’s nice to know I have the ability to see what is going on now as well.

2 Likes

Hello my name is Beth and I am new to Ring

2 Likes

Hello Ring Family, my name is Lillie, I am 80 years old, new to the community, and a new “Ring” user. So far, I have 1 floodlight camera and 2 stickups. I really love the way my devices tell people “You are currently being recorded”. When finances permit, I will get more. I want my home and property to be secured like Ft Knox

2 Likes

im trying to charge my ring doorbell camera and the charging ring is flashing. Is the battery too cold?

Hi @user35323. Try posting a new Topic in our Doorbells board. Be sure to include the specific model Doorbell you have and what color your light is flashing. Thanks!

Hello! I have installed two Ring Floodlight Camera Pros and am just loving the Ring products and all they have offered us! I’m excited to join this community to ask questions and participate whenever I can. Thank you so much for letting me join this group!

2 Likes

Howdy to all…I’m Cheetahbaby from Ohio…new to Ring Spotlight Cam family! I hope all are well and happy! Can anyone tell me what the two rubber circles on the Cam represent? They seem to push “in”…but there’s no reference to them I can find! I bought a 16ft - plug-in battery adapter to help save battery life however, there’s no hole to put it in…was wondering if one of the two rubber push-in circles has anything to do with it.
Thanks so much in advance for any help rendered…and best wishes to The Ring Family users!

Hi I live in Bristol and installed a Ring 4 on Saturday 11th February which was purchased from Amazon. We are a bit disappointed as we don’t seem to have the free 30day trial of ring protect. We wanted to try it out before deciding on the subscription. Is there anything I have to do to access it, I’ve tried going on the chat but to be honest that hasn’t been very helpful. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 Like

You should go ahead and “call” customer service and let them know right away your free trial didn’t activate when you set up your ring 4 camera!! I’m not much of a fan of using chat as they never seem very helpful. So I’d go ahead and call instead. When I called them when I set up my video doorbell, they were very kind and helpful!! Hope this helps!

-Melissa, IN. USA.

1 Like

Thanks for the advise, the only problem I have with that is that I’m in the Uk and can only find a USA phone number

1 Like

Here is a list of Ring customer support phone numbers for multiple countries. The UK is towards the bottom!! Hope this helps!! :relaxed:

4 Likes