We can no longer answer ring doorbell in our alexa echo show

Our ring doorbell 2 is perfectly working with our alexa echo show. But recently we noticed that we were not be able to answer the ring doorbell in our alexa echo show. I already tried the ff:

• ring door bell works perfectly with our phone ring app
  • it’s working when the command came from alexa echo show to ring doorbell
  • amazon and ring app are already updated
  • i tried disabled, deleted and re-enabled ring in amazon alexa app.
    But still, still not working. Please help.
1 Like

Hi there, @RachelleP! Are both your Ring devices and your Alexa enabled devices connecting to the same network (2.4 Ghz vs 5Ghz)? This should not matter for most networks, but it’s always good to ensure the same network signal is being used. Please also ensure both your Ring and Alexa devices are close to the router.

Disabling and re-enabling the Alexa skill was a great step to take! Feel free to let us know what happens when attempting to answer through the Echo Show (such as if it buffers, or if there is an error message, etc).

Hi I have the exact same issue. Everything works great, except when someone presses the doorbell button. I got video and audio feed all right on my echo show 8, but I can’t get the doorbell to receive the audio from my echo show. This only happens when using the “doorbell press announcements”. If I randomly give a “talk to front door” command in the echo show (without and button presses in the doorbell) , everything works flawlessly. I have tried basically everything, but nothing works.

Thank you for sharing your experience in detail, @Andre_Toniolo! Check out our Community article which goes over automatically receiving the live view on your Echo Show when someone pressed your Doorbell button. There it mentions the microphone will be muted and will need to be toggled to unmute for two way talk.

If this concern persists despite trying the steps in this thread, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I a new ring/echo show 5 user. I am experience the same issue as above two users. If I answer the doorbell on my phone then 2 way communication from echo show and doorbell is working fine. I thought this can’t be the way it design. I must miss configure something, please help.

Thanks
KT

Exact same issue here too. Brand new echo show 5 with new wired ring doorbell bought together. The caller at the door can not hear the echo show if ring call button is pressed outside.

Not sure what to do now. I suppose I will have to return both items. I will keep them if Ring replies with a time frame for the fix.

Workaround to fix this issue: turn off “rich notifications”. It did the trick for me and for others.
You will lose the snapshot picture that comes via the app notification though.

1 Like

Did not fix anything for me, still have the issue. Turning off rich notifications isn’t the solution at least for me, the problem has to be somewhere else