Amazon Alexa + Ring

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about how Ring works with Alexa-enabled Echo devices.
J
Wall switch to turn on Flood Lights (Smart Home/Alexa)
works-with-ring
hardwired-security-cameras
light-settings
amazon-alexa
Most of us installing these motion activated floodlight cameras came from older lights tied to a wall switch in the house. I have seen MANY people asking for a way to have a switch in the house that would activate all the exterior flood or spot lights. While of course, current needs to be going to the flood lights at all times and a standard switch would cut power to it, with today's smart home integrations, ESPECIALLY with ALEXA, I cannot understand why there isn't a way to use any of the smart home hubs or Alexa to turn on the outside lights with a physical switch. There use to be some tinkering you could do to teach Alexa to do this, but as far as I can see, these user-made ad-ons are all broken now. GOAL: Have a smart switch in the house (I have various types of Z-Wave and Zigbee switches) to tell a hub to turn on the flood lights. OR, say "Alexa, turn on the outside lights or 2 hours." So many people just want to hit a switch... each person having to go into the app to jump through a bunch of settings, etc. is NOT the solution and is the opposite of progress. With Amazon owning BOTH companies, I would think this would be a no-brainer. Can anyone help?? Thank you, Jared P.S. There is a lot of additional functionality that could be addressed by programable buttons in the house that could interact with Ring.

21-11-2023 09:16:39

Responses (0)

No Responses Found

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User