Wall Light Solar Motion / Lights Very Inconsistent

I am looking to build out lighting / security / cameras with Ring but getting frustrated with my first ring test purchase. Wall light Solar is very inconsistent (signal is good, firmware up to date, mounted at the suggested height). Sometimes it does not detect motion, I’ll go out and wave my hands around and… nothing. Other times the app detects motion, but the light will not come on. What is going on? I am bummed b/c I like the design / app / interface, but this experience alongside what I am seeing in the forum is making me reconsider going with Ring.

1 Like

Hi @945tedRingsABC. How are the Motion Settings configured for your Solar Lights? In the Ring app, you can adjust their sensitivity. This Help Center article here has some information on how to do this. Try adjusting these settings and seeing if that makes a difference.

I’m having the same issue too. My very first solar wall light purchase. It does not detect motion at all, except when I cover the sensor with my palm. Even then it might work sometimes. No issues with manually turning the light on / off. Schedules worked as well. Just motion sensor issue.

I don’t have this issue with my other Ring devices: battery doorbell and wired floodlight.

Looks like known issue. They don’t really care enough to fix it. Can’t be a glitch as a lot of people are having this exact issue

I have 6 ring wall lights but one has a bad motion sensor. What is the warranty for the solar wall light?

Hi neighbors! You can find information on adjusting the light and motion settings on your Ring Smart Lights in our Help Center Article here. Try making some changes to your settings to see if that helps, as everyone’s home setup will be different so it may take a bit of trial and error to find what combination of settings works best for you. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for more in-depth troubleshooting support. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.