Volume slider for speaker volume on Doorbells and Cameras

Volume control in the ring doorbell 2 is badly needed, it’s far too loud as a default, the whole street can hear!

1 Like

I have a Ring Video Doorbell 2nd Gen, and just discovered that the intercom volume is ridiculously loud!

There’s an option in device settings to lower the button push ring volume but not the chat volume. Could this be added?

Thanks

3 Likes

Two-way talk is one of the main features of the Video Doorbell, but the volume is too loud to be used properly.
One wonders why this request is still left unanswered.

2 Likes

This should be a priority. Can this not be addressed with a softwate patch?

3 Likes

To add to the list of unhappy customers, I have purchased a Ring 4 and the audio is so loud I won’t be able to talk to anyone until there is a fix! I don’t want the neighbours to hear everything.

According to Ring Help > App Support > How to Use . “How to adjust the volume on your video doorbell”, it does say:

Note: The ability to adjust the volume for Two-Way Talk may not be available on all Ring devices.

Which is no help, whatsoever. They should say which devices do not have this function, so we know to buy something else! Come on Ring, it’s time to fix this!!

1 Like

I have a ring doorbell 4, and the speaker volume is quite loud. As pointed out here, there is no setting currently to adjust it.

The big issue which has caused me to post here is that when using the doorbell with an Alexa Echo Show 15, the doorbell volume combined with the very sensitive Alexa microphone (which also can not be adjusted) is causing a nasty audio feedback issue when I use two-way audio.

Unfortunately, I can’t move either device, but if I could make the ring doorbell speaker a bit quieter, I think this would fix the issue.

1 Like

From the reverse engineering results, it appears that only the following settings are possible in the App

CocoaDoorbell	RINGER_VOLUME
CocoaDoorbellV2	RINGER_VOLUME、SPEAKER_VOLUME
CocoaDoorbellV3	RINGER_VOLUME、SPEAKER_VOLUME
CocoaFloodlight	SPEAKER_VOLUME
CocoaSpotlight	SPEAKER_VOLUME
DoorbellGrahamCracker	RINGER_VOLUME
DoorbellOyster	RINGER_VOLUME
DoorbellPortal	RINGER_VOLUME
DoorbellScallopLite	RINGER_VOLUME
DoorbellScallop	RINGER_VOLUME
Doorbell	RINGER_VOLUME
DoorbellV3	RINGER_VOLUME
DoorbellV4	RINGER_VOLUME
DoorbellV5	RINGER_VOLUME
FloodlightCamPro	SPEAKER_VOLUME
IntercomHandsetAudio	INTERCOM_SPEAKER_VOLUME
IntercomHandsetAudio	MICROPHONE_SENSITIVITY
JboxV1	RINGER_VOLUME
LpdV1	RINGER_VOLUME
LpdV2	RINGER_VOLUME
LpdV4	RINGER_VOLUME、SPEAKER_VOLUME
StickupCamLongfin	SPEAKER_VOLUME
StickupCamMedusa	SPEAKER_VOLUME
StickupCamMiniV2	SPEAKER_VOLUME

From the API response, it appears that the internal configuration items do exist.
But changing the value didn’t change the actual volume. (Only RINGER_VOLUME=doorbell_volume seems to work.)

https://account.ring.com/api/devices/v1/devices
	devices[0].doorbell_oyster_firmware_settings.doorbell_volume
	devices[0].doorbell_oyster_firmware_settings.mic_volume
	devices[0].doorbell_oyster_firmware_settings.voice_volume
https://api.ring.com/devices/v1/devices/{doorbotId}/settings
	volume_settings.doorbell_volume
	volume_settings.mic_volume
	volume_settings.voice_volume

Dear Ring,

Please take a look at this missing options in the settings for the Cam. There is no volume control slider to reduce the volume. It is extremely loud, almost breaking the speaker of the cam. Impossible to understand if someone talking to you via cam. It should be a slider same as in the door bell settings, that you can amend how loud you want door bell speak. Is great, however the indoor cam is missing this slider making this cam useless for two ways communication. Wayyyg too loud! Please add the features with the nearest update. Don’t wait for million people to beg for it! Thank you. Or contact me, as it might be faulty?

This gets a vote from me a well. Its crazy that it isn’t possible to adjust the volume on the indoor cam speaker. We sometimes use it to try and talk to the dog if she is making noises overnight, but we’ve stopped now because it’s soo loud.

1 Like

Why hasn’t this been fixed yet???
The volume is extremely loud wiwhen speaking over the 2 way! Nobody can talk in a normal conversation. It seems that this has been going on for 2 years and nobody has addressed it yet!

4 Likes

Neighbors are complaining! Does not seem that difficult to do. People in cars think I am speaking to them. GET IT FIXED.

2 Likes

The loudness is awful!!! Neighbors across the street can hear me!

2 Likes

Still should be a priority

3 Likes

I would bump this also, it seams like it should be a simple thing to implement and would fix the one big negative I have found with my new ring 4 doorbell.

2 Likes

Are there any plans to update the volume settings when talking through the speaker? It’s ridiculously loud and like others have said this should be an easy fix. Not happy that this feature is basically unusable for me right now due to the loud volume.

2 Likes

Fix volume on two way speaker!!! Make it a priority bc otherwise people cannot use your product, getting complaints​:rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

Like several people have mentioned please work on a fix to adjust the speaker volume for the ring doorbell it is obnoxious and way too loud.

1 Like

Yep. The volume on the 2-way audio is soo loud it reverberates throughout my condo complex. My puppy is so frightened by it he piddles and goes into hiding whenever the doorbell is rung.
This needs to be fixed, RING. THIS NEEDS YOUR ATTENTION.

Really disappointed - just setup our new doorbell and the two way audio is so loud it can’t be used. If I’d have known the volume could not be adjusted I wouldn’t have brought the product. Unusable in current form - may have to bin it unless something can be done. Everything else cool but not being able to a) turn it down and b) get a fix for it to enable owners to do so is seriously bad.

Volume is terrible. I cannot use this function due to complaints.
Fix this.
Ring - you need to create a volume control for the speaker.