Video recording request for neighbor's legal case (not involving me)

This is similar to public safety video requests but from a private/legal angle.

My nexdoor neighbor (who recently got a Ring due to my recommendation :slight_smile: has a legal dispute (not with me) where it needs to be established if/when people came onto his property. My Ring can see about half of his driveway before people would approach his front door or side pathways.

How can I/they make the request to Ring to pull from archives (to the extent Ring retains) to get confirmation of any Ring sensor trigger events and/or video clips from a past date on my Ring device?

To be clear, this is NOT for my own use in any way, but might be requested as part of legal proceedings that I am not part of.

And, it is beyond the saved timeframe of my Protect Basic plan, so the question is specifically whether and how to request Ring to dig in Ring’s archives (not my individual account’s video retention plan) to provide evidence in a legal proceeding.

As further details might not be appropriate for a community forum, please reply with the *process* of how and what would be needed to be done to pursue such a request with Ring directly.

Thank you!

Jonathan

Hi @jonathanl. For specific account information, it would be best to contact our support team directly, as this is a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum and not a direct line of support. For your questions about recovering video, videos are only saved in the Ring Cloud for up to 60 days. After that, they are not accessible. If you have a specific video you would like to retain, this link here will describe the process for saving the video. For anymore questions regarding this concern, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this information helps!