Video playback no longer able to rotate to landscape

Ring Video Doorbell no longer plays video back in Landscape Mode. have an iPhone 14 Pro Max and have had no issues until yesterday when your doorbell no longer allows you to flip your phone to landscape mode and watch a video playback? Whats the issue? When will this be fixed?

Hi @Angie1966. I just tested out watching a video from the Event History on my iPhone and was able to swap to landscape mode, with the screen orientation lock off. Make sure you do not have your phone locked to portrait mode, as that would prevent the video from swapping to landscape when you rotate your phone. Also, which version of iOS and which version of the Ring app are you currently on?

Hi, thanks for your reply and i’m on version 5.58.1 and iOS 16.4.1
I contacted Ring who told me how to play back a ‘LIVE’ event in landscape which works, however i am still not able to flip my phone to landscape to play back an Event and i don’t have my phone locked as i have security cameras with HikVision and i have no issues in flipping my phone to Landscape to view so something is not right with my Video Doorbell playing back Events in Landscape so doorbell is now more or less useless to see on such a small screen

Hi @Angie1966. I’m happy to chime in. I would also recommend rebooting your phone to see if that helps. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Ring app. This step will require you to enter your Ring credentials, which, if you have forgotten your password, you will have to reset it. If the concern persists, the next best step is to continue working with our support team. You can also reach out to our support team on Facebook by sending a private message to @Ring.