Video freezes for a couple of seconds on every recording

Hi, my recordings are freezing shortly after the start and then resume again a couple of seconds later. Is this a hardware fault with my doorbell, or a software glitch? It happens on every recording at the same time so is not related to the WiFi connection. The sound also seems to continue uninterrupted.

Example below:

Hi @The-ambroses. Try the following steps to try and help resolve your concern:

We also have this Help Center article with other troubleshooting steps to try. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

My Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 does this exact same thing. None of my other Ring cameras do this, just the doorbell. At about the 6 second mark, the video freezes for about 1 - 2 seconds, audio continues uninterrupted, and then video resumes. It’s not my wifi signal (RSSI -34 currently), rebooting/restarting doesn’t help. Voltage is perfect. Even tried replacing the doorbell itself and it still does the exact same thing. It has to be server-side or a software issue.

Hi @user77624. If you have tried the steps mentioned in the solution and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.