Video doorbell pro not working after power outage

Worked fine until we had a power outage overnight recently. Now it doesn’t appear to have any power to it, but I measure 26.9VAC. The doorbell rings if I replace the Ring with a dumb switch. I personally replaced the transformer a couple years ago, but don’t recall which model I installed. May have been 24VAC. In any case, wondering if I need to climb through the attic to get to the transformer or if the doorbell pro is fried. Not sure how to diagnose this.

I found the USB cable terminal on the doorbell, and it powered on fine. Will try to reinstall later and see what happens. A youtube video indicated there may be an issue with an internal LiPo battery? The unit is a few years old.

Reinstalled and it works again. Not sure what was happening, but happy it is resolved.

1 Like

Hi @artichoke03. I’m glad to hear your Doorbell Pro is up and running again. It’s possible the device just needed to be power cycled or reset since it was not powering on after the temporary outage. A reset can be performed by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. If anything like this happens again, and the Doorbell isn’t responsive, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team so they can take a look. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.