Video Doorbell Community Articles

How To

How it Works

Set Up

4 Likes

Wont stay charged
My Ring is Hardwired, and I’ve changed my settings, I think my Ring is defective. It was on the recall list.

Hi @Kgilly. You can find some great troubleshooting tips and information in one of our threads here from other neighbors that have had similar concerns. If you’re not able to find a solution there, our support team is able to assist you further as well. You can reach our support team at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Doorbell Pro setup

I have 4 ring devices only one is working after spending hours on the phone with Ring. ANyone know of a more user friendly product?

Be advised that I was told by Ring Customer Service that it is expected that Wired Ring Doorbell will lose connection every time there is a loss of power and the only resolution is to do the physical reset on the device. The Customer Service person acknowledged that there is incorrect information in Ring usage database that indicates Doorbells will auto reconnect once power is restored. I was told this is incorrect and that physical reset is required every time. I live in area that has brief power glitches all the time and thus my only solution is to do the physical reset process on the device. I find this totally unacceptable given all my other devices from Google, Apple, etc auto reconnect. Shame on Ring for selling junk.

2 Likes

Agree with you. It is a poorly designed product if you have to manually reset it every time after power cut.

I bought the most premium Ring doorbell device (Wired Doorbell Pro) that your company has to offer on 2022-11-25 which is 1 year and 5 months ago. Since the beginning of the purchase I had issues with the device sporadically not recording audio or video for certain periods of time throughout the day or the actual bell not working. Since the various issues were on and off, I finally had enough and called into your call center on April 3, 2023 while the device was still under warranty to complain about the audio issue that was giving me a problem at the time of the call. The agent I spoke to convinced me that it was my internet connection and it had nothing to do with the device although I informed him that I read a lot of online reviews on this product and they all mention similar issues. After the call I bought a wifi extender to strengthen my internet connectivity without any luck which I ended up returning. Eventually the audio started working again and I was under the impression that this is the norm for this device, ie. poor quality sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. The other day the doorbell finally stopped working altogether. The manager advised me that I am over my warranty period and a replacement would not be granted. My point of contention is that if this device was working perfectly fine throughout this 1 year and 5 months and I happened to call in for the first time, I could understand the decision as it’s pretty black and white the warranty covers only up to 1 year. However, I had already called and complained about this product during the warranty period. On top if it, I bought a security system through Ring.com as well which I have not set up yet as I’m undergoing renovations on the house which we moved into. I’m subscribed to the Ring monthly plan and I’m intending to buy 4 more Ring cameras as soon as renovations will be done which is very soon. I also am employed with a billion dollar company and have a staff of 300 call center agents report under me. I am very well aware of policies that are black and white and situations where further discretion may be required. I believe the situation and circumstances I provided does warrant an accommodation to replace this defective device. If your company chooses to remain firm on their decision by providing me a faulty device from the get go, I have gone ahead and cancelled my monthly subscription which is revenue lost for an indefinite period of time. In addition, I will proceed with replacing my doorbell and the 4 outdoor cameras with your competitor Google whose products are cheaper and of better quality regardless. Now you have lost the revenue of 4 brand new outdoor cameras and more importantly the monthly subscription revenue. Furthermore, I will go on the website of every major retailer to voice my opinion on your products and how your company treats existing customers. I hope this email finds its way up the chain as I believe at a higher corporate level, you set higher standards for your brand and company. Have a wonderful day!