Video doorbell 3 battery, solar charger and wedge mount

Is it possible to install the video doorbell 3 on to a solar charger and wedge mount simultaneously? Is there a particular order to do this? Do the screws line up with each of these 3 different products?

Hey @RingaBingDingCakeEat. Yes, the Solar Charger and the Wedge mount can be used for the Doorbell 3 at the same time. You’ll want the Solar Charger to be in the front, right behind the Doorbell, with the Wedge mount between the wall and the Solar Charger. Feel free to reference in the installation picture in this Community thread here to see how that looks.

The link given in the comment mentions the solar charger to be the nearest to the wall contrary to what is mentioned in here.

Considering the solution here, I also think it looks ridiculous if the wedge is nearest to the wall where the solar charger (on top of the wedge) is tilted down and suspended in air.
It would also cause the solar charger not to use sun properly where it looks tilted down.

On top of everything, the wall drill locations of the solar charger will be exposed, if I would like to place the wedge now.
If the wedge won’t help, then I will have extra 2 wall drill locations behind the solar charger if I turn the setup back to only solar charger.

Can we get a wedge that is designed to be between the solar charger and the doorbell?
The solar charger has 2 screw locations in the mid-top and mid-bottom that might be utilized for this purpose.

Hi @Elebasi. Thanks for sharing that suggestion! We’ve actually created a Feature Request board, so feel free to add this and any future feature requests or suggestions there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile: