Verify but don't trim

The verified recordings helps cut down unwanted notifications but I’d rather it didn’t trim recordings. Can you make the individual elements optional please.
I feel a bit like I’ve jumped in at doorbell 3 when maybe should have waited until around 4th or 5th version.

Couple other quickies…

Is Rapid Ring a genuine Ring app (before I give it permission} and also there’s a Google add on that allows Home very basic connection like check device health. Is that safe too?

Hey there, @DonaldDuck. There are quite a few settings and features that can be used to fine tune your motion event experience. Motion Verification, as you stated, will limit any unwanted motion events. People Only mode is another setting that can tailor motion detection to your liking. In regards to the video trim, if you have a Video Doorbell 3 Plus model, there is a Pre-Roll feature than can be disabled, if you wish, via the video settings in your Ring app.

As we value our neighbours’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. If the above recommendations do not fit your wishes, feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place.

In regards to the Rapid Ring app, this is indeed one of our official apps. The Rapid Ring app is a smaller application, compared to the main Ring app, and is designed to provide the quickest access to live video. As for the google home app, this would be best answered with their support team, or via information on that app page in the app store. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I can’t speak for everyone but people only didn’t work for me. I’ve turned off verify as hate it trimming the videos. I’m purely working off sensitivity now.
Thanks for replying and also about the app question. Hopefully you offer Google home support soon and I’ll see if future tweaks to verify maybe introduce ability to not trim the video.
I’ll mark as acceptable for now.

1 Like