Verification for Homeowners Insurance policy

My homeowner’s insurance will give a discount for the Ring, but wants a “active certificate” to do so. Where can I find or get some kind of verification that my Ring is active?

1 Like

Hi @Amy13! This is certainly option if you have Ring Alarm and Professional Monitoring. As long as your Alarm is setup, subscribed to Protect Plus, and registered for professional monitoring, you can download your insurance certificate, and submit it to your insurance company for possible discounts.

To do this via the Ring app:

1. Tap on the Menu.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Monitoring.
  4. Tap on Insurance Certificate.

We will send the monitoring certificate to you via email, so check your inbox. Check out our help center article for additional information on this and other Alarm features. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not see “Monitoring” as an option under Settings in my Ring app. Where can I find this to get the certificate needed for insurance? Will a certificate be provided for just a Ring doorbell?

Hi @mmccam. The Monitoring option is only available if you have the Ring Alarm system. The Ring Alarm system has 24/7 professional monitoring and that generates a insurance certificate accessible via the Ring App. Doorbells and Ring Cameras are not professionally monitored and therefore, will provide no insurance certificate. Let me know if that answers your question.

1 Like