Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
U
Variable volume selections for Base Station
alarm
app-request
base-station

There should be an option to lower the door chime without affecting the “arming” warning sound.

23-08-2023 07:00:33

Responses (3)

A

The Ring Alarm base station has very limited volume control. One volume slider adjusts the volume of ALL sounds made by the base station.

We have a small house and an 8 month old baby. Because of this, the volume is set low so that when I leave for work every day, the voice that says “disarmed” or “home, and armed” is quiet enough that you can hear it when you’re standing at the keypad. That helps not wake the baby.

However, this means that the countdown timer is also very quiet. so quiet, that when you forget the system is armed and you open a door, you can’t hear the timer unless you happen to walk right past it. inevitably, this leads to the alarm sounding.

I know I could fix this by just not forgetting the alarm is armed, but a better solution would be for the app to offer better customization for the countdown timer. I’ve never liked the way it sounds. even full volume it’s pretty quiet.

In summary: please add a separate volume control for the countdown timer.

17-02-2024 07:53:08

P

I agree, the countdown timer is too quiet. I have my keypad and base station volume at the maximum and I can’t hardly hear it. Does anyone knows a trick to get around this device deficiency? Is there an accessory that complements the keypad for louder countdown timer?

27-04-2024 10:05:10

U

+1 for this. We have an automation to disarm very early for accommodate for people leaving for work. I would love to be able to control volume for the arm/disarm messages while being able to keep the entry delay tones loud

10-05-2024 01:59:42

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User