Using two networks (WiFi) fo my two ring cameras

I found one of my Ring devices was not getting a very good signal as on device health it was 67 strength. The other one at the front of my house, was 47.
So I bought an extender and tried to connect the back one to it. That worked but the front one then was offline. Yet I had only changed the network for the one device.
So I connected the front one to the new network.
Now both are 57.
I tried to reconnect the front device to the previous network ,….which is named the same but has the code added for the extender, but it wouldn’t show the previous network and only the extender one.
This seems most odd.
I want to connect the one device to the normal network as the modem/ router is very close to it. And the other to the extender.
So why won’t the app show me both networks to choose from?

Hi @Yola. If all you did was just add a wifi extender, your Camera should still see your regular home network. If not, I recommend trying the following steps:

• Reboot your router by unplugging it from power for a few seconds and then plugging it back in.

• Reset your Camera by pressing and holding the setup button on it for 20–25 seconds.

• Try completing a setup using a different phone or tablet.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.