Upgrading plan from Basic

I purchased a Ring Doorbell 2 and the free trial plan ran out, so I purchased a Basic plan and all went well.

I just installed 2 x Floodlight Cams which are still running on the free trial. I want to upgrade to the Protect Plus plan, before the free ones run out.

I went to the website and there was a button to click to Upgrade Plan, but when I went to pay for it, they wanted the full price for a new Protect Plus plan, so I aborted the transaction.

How do I go about upgrading and not having to pay the full price, only the upgrade price?

I’m in the UK. If I have to call Customer Service for this, what is the best number to use? I can call the USA (for free) if necessary.

I did this in the beginning too. I think they refund your balance of your old basic plan and then switch you to the plus.
I’d contact customer service in the UK.
United Kingdom
01727 26 3045

Thanks for the reply and the phone number. I’ll give them a call. Probably best to leave it until tomorrow - a business day. :slight_smile:

No problem. Even though they’re open now. Monday would be better if they need to get to another department. Glad to be of help.

Curious on this. I’m in the same predicament. Let me know what you found out. Thanks

What is the number for the U.S.A?

@HouseofKings wrote:
What is the number for the U.S.A?

Hello @HouseofKings ,

The number for the USA is: (800) 656- 1918.

Ring Support for help by telephone:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, their available hours have been changed also, and you might encounter extended time on “hold” so please be patient:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Whenever I’ve called the US support number, I am speaking with individuals that are difficult to understand and comprehend. I attempted the online help, received canned answers for an unrelated topic. Trying to find out if my prepaid plan offsets the plan upgrade, or what. When I spoke with the support number operator, she was in a hurry to get my information. Not a warm fuzzy feeling about her attitude. Are they getting a commission or an upsale percentage?

Sorry to hear about this, @MNCS. When upgrading your Protect Plan subscription from Basic to Plus, you will receive a prorated refund for any amount left on your Ring Protect Basic yearly plan(s). The Ring Protect Plus Plan will be charged immediately and you will begin a new billing cycle. Check out our help center article for more information on changing plans. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like