Upgrading 2nd device to Protect Basic Monthly

Hi, I had my doorbell on a Protect Basic Yearly which I had paid for, I then bought the Floodlight Cam which I decided to upgrade to Protect Basic Monthly. It has changed both of my plans to Monthly now, which is fine, but I had already paid for 1 year subscription on the doorbell. Does anyone know if that will get refunded? Thanks

2 Likes

If you chat with an advisor they will sort and refund you

2 Likes

Hey there, @Timmyb. When cancelling a plan, whether monthly or yearly, you should get a prorated refund for the remaining time unused. Check out our article about Changing and Updating Protect Plans for a variety of subscription options, as well as more information on monthly versus yearly plans.

If you did not receive this refund automatically, after allowing some time for processing, our support team will be happy to help further.Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is interesting…

I’m wondering if you lose your recording when going from the free 30 days to paid. I read that some lost theirs… I don’t want that happening to me… Eeek!

I moved from a 30 day free trial to plan plus, I’ve just received an email saying the plan has cancelled and I will get a refund, I didn’t cancel and on my login the plan looks live with the next payment due February?

I hope you get this sorted :slight_smile:

This is a bit worrying… I’m coming to the close of my 30 day trial soon and see this has happened to others…

Is there some secret to doing this without any problems… I presume i can keep my trial recordings if I sign up to a scheme as User 32050 has??

I wanted to start this as a post but can’t make a new post for some reason; only reply in other’s posts. Curious

Hi @Grazuncle. As long as you subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan before your 30-day trial expires, your recordings will not be deleted since there will be no lapse in coverage. If you wait to subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan after your trial has expired, then your recordings from the trial will be deleted. We have this Help Center article here on how to subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan.

Hi @user32050. This is the Ring Community, a neighbor-to-neighbor support forum. You will have to reach out to our support team for further assistance on checking your account details for your Ring Protect Plan. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

that is comforting to know… thanks

If I got for a plan early does it carry on from the trial end date or cancel the trial end date and start fresh from application?

So mny questions as a newbie… sorry.

Hi @Grazuncle. Purchasing a Ring Protect plan will not cancel your trial. The plan will begin once your trial period ends.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.