Updating Email Removed Owner

After updating the email in the Ring app, I became a “shared user” and can’t make any changes to devices any longer.

Hey @TheSFamily. Updating the email address in the Ring app should only update it for the owner’s account shouldn’t remove any of your permissions. It’s possible you may have been the shared user already, but nevertheless, to get this matter cleared up, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issue, for some reason my ownership of my device has changed and became just a shared user. Any help would be appreciated or please get back to be on the following email

Hi there, @Kelvin1987! You’ve reached the Ring Community, a public neighbor to neighbor forum. As this is a public space and we value our neighbors’ privacy, we advise not posting any personal information here. While the Community is a great place to get suggestions or share experiences with other neighbors, it is not monitored by our support team and any account specific inquiries are best handled with our support team by phone. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.