Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
J
Unable to view Alarm Pro stored video
video-quality
Hi folks, I've got a (new) Ring Alarm Pro with a Protect Pro plan. I have three security cameras and two wired doorbells. I set them up with the eero base station to record locally. They all appear to be storing video on the SD card as I can go into the Ring dashboard and view the videos. I can also download them (which first uploads them to the Ring servers). Everything works exactly like it's supposed to. EXCEPT, I tried to pull out the SD card and pop it into a desktop computer and even though I can see the file structure and all the mp4 files, they will not play. They won't play on any platform (Windows, Mac, or Linux) or with any video player. There are a bunch of errors complaining about the format of the video streams that don't seem super helpful. Also, there is no encryption turned on, not End 2 End or Storage card. It's all supposed to be in the clear. Has ANYONE been able to watch video directly off the SD card? Any ideas? I can post the logs I get out of VLC when I try to view them if it would help. Thanks, Jason

21-06-2023 06:23:57

Responses (1)

U

I had the same problem. After months of support calls, Finally, someone was able to find out that the advertisement article and support article were wrong. All videos are encrypted.
Whats worse is that you cannot download 50 videos at a time with locally stored videos even If you have fast internet. Cloud videos can be downloaded 50 at a time fast.
If you look at the video files, they do say encrypted in the file properties when you get them into an OS. whats worse now, is the microsd card won’t stay in, and when it does, the ring pro doesn’t read the files at all. The history of the videos is cloud based, but I do not get any error messages. I moved all cameras to cloud based, and I am going to switch to another company that is open. I pay $XXXX a year besides the $XXXX +tax for the device to not even be able to use it.

14-01-2024 03:52:58

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User