General Topics

Not sure where to look? Browse general posts, topics, conversations and more.
U

user69248

Accepted Solution
Unable to Unlink old Ring account so I can link new account - Directions did not work
battery-video-doorbell
cs-support
amazon-alexa
I'm going in circles with Amazon and need help. The directions to unlink/link ring/amazon accounts do not work in my situation. I bought a Ring camera in 2020 and created a Ring account, linked with my Amazon account. That camera didn't function properly. I no longer have it. I just bought a new Ring product a couple of weeks ago. I tried to sign in with my old Ring account but did not have the password. I attempted to change the password but was prompted to call Ring for help. They told me that since I no longer have the old Ring to verify the serial number, I need to create a new Ring account. Then to contact Amazon to UNLINK the old Ring account so I can link the new one. Amazon's instructions did not help. They gave me a link to the Ring alexa skill and told me to disable it then enable it again with the new Ring account. The skill was not enabled to begin with. So I enabled it. It asked me to log in with my current Ring account, which I did. The page told me my ring SKILL was linked to my amazon account.. But the *accounts* were not linked. because my old Ring ACCOUNT was still linked and I could not link more than one account. How am I supposed to UNLINK my old account if the directions do not work in my case?

01-12-2023 03:42:44

Responses (4)

C
Accepted Solution
Hi @user69248. Regarding your original Ring account, do you no longer have access to the email address associated with this account? If you still have access to the email address, you should be able to request a password reset and log back into your original account. If that's not the case, then you would likely not be able to get back into your original Ring account. Since we cannot view account details on the Ring Community, I'd recommend following up with our [support team](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Contact-Us#callus) to take a deeper look at this. You may also need to contact Amazon's support if our support team is unable to resolve this.

04-12-2023 07:24:55

A

I’ve contacted ring support since march of this year asking them to escalate my issue with unlinking my email I lost access to but I’m not receiving any help to escalate this concern I’m concerned about my privacy and data because if someone gains access to my old email they’ll have access to my devices, This past week I found out somebody requested my account to be deleted and it wasn’t me, I had just purchased the basic protection plan the day before which was Tuesday so why would I ask for my ring account to be deactivated??

I’m trying to give them a chance to fix this or I’ll be forced to contact an attorney to help regain access to my personal information retained by ring from an email I have no access to 

08-07-2024 04:52:01

L

Did you ever get this figured out? I am having the exact same issue.

19-05-2024 06:48:08

C

Hi @Lulise. If your Amazon account is linked to a Ring account you no longer have access to, I would recommend contacting our support team for assistance with accessing your original Ring account.

22-05-2024 11:49:21

A

Lawyer has to handle this problem because my old email is still attached to the doorbell that I waited 30 days for ring to deactivate the email so it could be reactivated with my new email, I Amazon has been deactivated the old email and had me create a new email to transfer All my Alexa devices and account information to the new email, This has to stop 

08-07-2024 04:56:22

A

I’ve had the same problem for MONTHS and can’t get Amazon or ring support to help me, I don’t have access to the old email and ring told me they can’t reset the password to the old email I previously used with my ring Account because they can’t verify the account belonged to me there’s no way for me to get a code via the old email because I’m locked out of it which is the reason I had to have ring reset the doorbell to new user and set it up under my new email which I had to wait 30 Days so my question is why and how is my old email STILL linked when trying to link the apps together using my NEW EMAIL that I CURRENTLY USE with both apps NOW SEPARATELY because of the previous email being  the old email still has both apps linked and neither entity will help?

22-06-2024 02:01:19

J

Hi @Lulise. We do not have access to account information here in the Community to assist you with your concern. The best course of action is to continue working with our support team to further analyze this with you.

24-06-2024 06:30:01

A

@@Justin I don’t know why you’re advising people to contact customer support there is NO support for THIS OR ANY OTHER SECURITY MATTER!!At this point it’s time to get an Attorney to handle this because my privacy and data is and has been at risk for months trying to get this situation escalated!!

By the way someone had my new ring account deactivated Wednesday last week and I had just purchased ring protect Tuesday so WHILE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS BEING NON COMPLIANT WITH PUTTING CUSTOMERS SECURITY AND PRIVACY FIRST AS IT SAYS IN YOUR PRIVACY STATEMENT WHY ISN’T MY SITUATION A CONCERN??

08-07-2024 05:04:17

A

I still have the ORIGINAL BOX my ring doorbell came in and they STILL won’t let give me access to my locked out email I previously used with the doorbell and Alexa bring the apps together feature in The Ring app I’m going to contact an attorney because my personal and privacy is being compromised by ring

10-07-2024 01:39:16

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User