Unable to subscribe to Basic Protect Plan in UK

I want to subscribe to the Basic Plan option when my trial ends on 24th May, however the trial says I’m on Protect Plus (huge overkill for my single doorbell when my house uses other camera systems as well) . No matter what browser or device I use, selecting the Get Basic option simply takes me to my account Live View with a doorbell history below. If I select the Protect Plans from another thread it takes me to a US Dollars page, but even that doesn’t work (not that I’m prepared to pay in US$). I tried what I thought was a webchat option, but turns out to simply try and match answers to your questions with a ‘yes’ only option to the Did This Help question after each answer. This isn’t a massive MUST HAVE for me, but it does seem inordinately difficult to subscribe to a basic plan monthly or 12 months in advance.

This is sorted now. I had to use the web portal, then select account, then select my plans and then follow the leads to purchase the basic Plan. Massively convoluted method and very confusing even to a tech savvy person like me. Honestly Ring, this should be something done via a single ‘purchase plan’ button in the app with no need to use web pages.

I’ve been trying for days!! Can you tell me what worked for you? I’m now trying through desktop computer and it still only gives me the protect plus option… grrrr!

Thank you for updating this thread with your solution to this, @Grocerjack. We are always working to improve our neighbors’ experience, and this feedback is appreciated. @Cheekie, if you are still unable to subscribe via the method described above in this thread, try visiting the Protect Plans page at Ring.com, scroll to the “Choose a subscription that’s right for you” plan comparison, and then click “Get Basic”. Our Protect Plan help centre article also contains some helpful tips for subscribing.

If these do not help you to easily subscribe as intended, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like