Unable to set up new Ring Chime Pro

I just got a new Chime Pro and I can’t get it setup. Every time I reach the step where it is supposed to join the “Ring” Wi-Fi network, it fails and says something went wrong. I’ve tried manually connecting my phone to that Ring network and it doesn’t work either. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hi @BigGreen23. Try uninstalling the RIng App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App before attempting the setup again. Additionally, you can also try the setup on a different phone or tablet. If neither of those suggestions help you get your Chime Pro up and running, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They can take a closer look at this for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Caitlyn_Ring! I tried removing the app, restarting my iPhone and reinstalling and experienced the same behavior as before. Then I tried the setup on my iPad. It wasn’t picking up the scan for the bar code so I did the setup manually and everything worked. My Chime Pro is now part of my network. Awesome!

1 Like