Unable to receive doorbell chime notifications on any Alexa Echo device

Hi there -

I have a Ring2 setup and working in my house, notifications in ring app functioning well.

I enabled the Alexa Ring Skill, successfully discovered the Ring2, linked accounts in the Alexa app, and have enabled notifications on 3 Echo devices in our home. I have enabled Doorbell Press notifications in the Alexa app. I have enabled Communcation and Announcements, and turned Do Not Disturb off on all 3 of these Echos.

I have worked through this process 2x, and cannot get doorbell push notifications to work on any device.

My husband is the Ring2 “Owner”. I am a “Shared User”. Is it possible this have something to do with why the notifications can’t work?

2 Likes

Hey @Jnp1. The ownership difference may be the reason why the notifications are not working for you. To get this cleared up and looked into further, could you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here? We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.