Unable to activate Doorbell 2 remotely

Hi there, I have a Ring Doorbell v2. It is working fine except when I am away from the house I have trouble waking it up (activating it). It can push motion and call notifications to my phone ok but I have trouble connecting live. When I am home on my wifi it works fine. It is close to the wifi router and has good signal. The wifi router is connected to another router by LAN cable and then to the cable modem. I suspect it is a port/permissions issue. Do I need to change the port settings on the routers and/or modem?

Hi @jezzasmith. It is very possible that you need to modify your ports and protocols. This Help Center article here can help you accomplish this. If this doesn’t seem to fix you concern, you can contact our support team for the next best steps.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Tom, thanks for that. When putting the ports in to my router what server IP address do I use , I assume it is my gateway server IP address? Also what do I put in for Service Name, is that “Ring Socket Service” for each of the ports. I tried this but it didnt work.

Hey @jezzasmith. There are a few things to consider when configuring this. The type of router and your internet provider are all things to keep in mind. For this reason, it may be best to contact our support team. They will be able to look at your account and determine what adjustments need to be made.