Hello, I noticed a delay and a not very good voice quality. Usually I can hear well but the guests are having issues to hear me. What I noticed is that my ring is connected to the wifi and the Tx rate is very poor.
Rx Rate: 72.2 Mbps
Tx Rate: 1.00 Mbps
1.00 Mbps as tx can be the reason for the quality issue. I tried another network and it’s exactly the same, I also switched of other devices just to make sure they were not disturbing the ring. Take in consideration that I have a very food network infrastructure, it’s ubiquiti. The other device are working very well and I have no issues at all, they are about 60.
With my router I can see the wifi Experience and all the devices are in status “excellent”, the only exception is the Intercom the is “Poor”. The ping is 500ms and everything else is 1-2 ms.
I know this is a very technical post but I really need your help!!!
Hi @samu, Thank you for sharing your case with Ring Community!
We advise you to check wifi signal strength—or RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator)—in the Ring app:
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap the menu (☰).
- Tap Devices and select the Ring device you’d like to check.
- Tap the Device Health tile.
- Under the Network section, look for Signal Strength.
- If the RSSI value listed is green, your device has a strong signal. If it is grey, amber, or red, it may have a moderate to weak signal.
- The larger the number after “RSSI-” the weaker the signal.
- For example, a device displaying “RSSI-36” has a stronger signal than a device showing “RSSI-64”.
You will want your device RSSI value to be below 50 and upload and download speed to be greater than 2mbps.
You can find the instruction by clicking here.
You can read more information on Wi-Fi environments and how certain materials can disrupt the Wi-Fi signal strength in the Help Center article below.
‘‘How to improve your Wi-Fi connection and speed’’
'‘Improving your Ring device connectivity’'
thanks for your answer. The signal is RSSI -26 so it’s really good.
The issue is that the Tx Rate is still 1.00 Mbps.
I have other 60 devices that are not experiecing this issue.
I tested another intercom and I have the same problem.