Ring Video Doorbells

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Two way communication volume? Thank you
device-settings
troubleshooting
How can I control the volume when I'm talking to someone outside? Thank you

26-11-2023 07:49:33

Responses (3)

C
Hi @user68298. Which volume are you trying to control, the volume playing from your phone or from your Ring device? Additionally, which Ring Doorbell or Security Camera do you have? The model name is located on the Device Health page in the Ring app.

27-11-2023 11:04:20

U
I've just installed a ring doorbell and also a chime to go with it. The problem is if I'm trying to have a two way conversation the volume is way too high. You can hear the conversation down the street. I'm asking is there a way to turn the volume. Thank you in anticipation

29-11-2023 10:44:04

U
Sorry just read your post again.... It's the volume from my mobile when I'm trying to communicate to someone outside.. ie after they've rung the door bell. Thank you

29-11-2023 10:48:33

C
@user68298 I'm not sure which model of Ring Doorbell you have, as there are different models (Video Doorbell 3, Video Doorbell Pro, etc.), and some of the settings available will differ slightly between models. Only the Doorbell Pro 2 has a volume slider in the app to control the speaker audio for Two-Way Talk. None of the other Doorbell models have that option. To control the volume of audio playback on your phone, that would be done via your phone's volume control.

30-11-2023 06:00:15

U
OK this is what I ordered from Amazon UK: Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) by Amazon | Wireless Video Doorbell Security Camera with 1080p HD Video, battery-powered, Wifi, easy installation | 30-day free trial of Ring Protect | Works with Alexa https://amzn.eu/d/hdY4RB1

30-11-2023 07:39:41

C
@user68298 Thanks for that. As mentioned, only the Doorbell Pro 2 has a volume slider in the Ring app to control the speaker audio for Two-Way Talk. The Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) does not have this, only a volume slider to control the ringer volume.

01-12-2023 03:57:19

U
Ah OK, not very satisfactory but thank you 🙌

01-12-2023 04:01:31

U
Is this a basic capability which will be updated/added to this device? I have also just installed a Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) only to find that the volume of the two way communication is _FAR_ too loud for our community. Talking at a normal volume in to our echo device sounds like a person shouting in the street outside outside our front door - so I can't use this for fear of annoying all our neighbors. I'd prefer not to have to uninstall and return the ring + echo having gone through the whole installation and setup process - but without any way to reduce the volume to something like a normal speech level it isn't useable

03-12-2023 07:51:27

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

02-01-2024 07:52:14

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User