Two Factor Authentication Options

For those who work in environments, or go places without their cell phone near by; when, will email or a phone call be reinstated for the coming mandatory two factor authentication?

News flash, if you think my phone is sufficient to authenticate a new location, you should feel the same about the registration email.

If you don’t, why is it your concern? I am the customer, where is my choice in how I wish to secure my account?

I 100% agree with you. I too am in the same boat. I like many hundreds of thousands of people in my state, do not have access to my cell phone while working in government run facilities.

Ring basically want to remove our ability to view our cameras when we are away from home.

I hope they change there mind about this, and keep email 2FA as an option.

1 Like

Hey neighbors. Over the past year we have been making various efforts to ensure our neighbor’s safety when using their Ring products and services. In an effort to stay in line with industry’s best practices, Ring is phasing out email as a method of account verification as a part of Two-Step Verification, and the options that neighbors have now to log in are the SMS or an Authenticator App. If you are unable to use SMS verification, we recommend using an Authenticator App, which can be installed on a mobile device, PC, or laptop.

1 Like

Link to this please. If it’s a pc app, that’s not an option for those of us that don’t have access to app stores. Or are not attached to the tweet tweets.

I’m exhausted of the technology industry pushing my phone down my throat or some sort of electronic device. Give your consumer base the option to agree with your version of “security” instead of telling us what we’re going to do after spending tens of thousands of dollars on your products.

What a gut punch.

This was a reply to you. Not the guy offering the hopefully browser based tfa tool.

If you could uncheck “solution” that would be great. All you did was repeat the problem.