Turn off event timeline

Bring back the ability to turn off the event history timeline. Not everyone wants to use it

You got my vote! Developers: Choice makes customers happy. Taking away choice does not. You may like the feature, but not everyone does. Why make a change where all your customers were happy, and now you’re alienating ones that may not have the same opinion as you. Makes no sense.

Firstly I know this is a COMPLETE waste of time because nobody actually looks at this community but here goes anyway.

In the Ring App - > Go to your camera settings - >Device Settings ->Video Settings
“TAP CAMERA PREVIEW FOR LIVE VIEW”
The point of this is as a USER you DON’T want to see the Timeline so really this should be called “TURN OFF TIMELINE”

Because what happens right now is when you enable this open and go to the Front Door Camera to View LIVE VIEW. All great nice and quick. However then you click on ‘END LIVE’
And now you get the completely useless and UNWANTED TIMELINE trying to save your video!! What is the point of this you just chose NOT to view the timeline.

This needs to be fixed and I suggest renaming to ‘Tap Camera Preview for Live view’ to ‘Turn off Timeline’

This now makes the App comparative to Rapid Ring where ALL you want to do is view the camera and that’s it. If you need the time line go turn it on.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR - Same as clicking the X in live view it just goes back to home screen

Anyway probably wasted minutes in my life posting on these communities as this will forever be ignored but this is my last attempt to see if I will continue using Ring Products or time to ditch them since Rapid Ring was deprecated.