Transformer schedule not working

I. The last few weeks I’ve noticed that the Smart lights transformer is not following the schedule. In addition I cannot Edit the schedule and hit SAVE. Won’t let me change anything. I’ve had this transformer for about a year+ and it’s been working well. I can control manually via app. Help please. Thanks

Hi @Fern1271! The best next step will be to check your event history in the Ring app. There you can see if you had any light events around the time that matches your schedule. Try also unlink and relinking any other devices you might have linked. After confirming schedule and other group settings, see if the schedule is followed as intended.

If not, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, and reconfiguring the schedule. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This is an unacceptable response from Ring. This seems to be a wide spread problem that has just started as I myself have a Ring Transformer that was set from dusk till dawn and was working perfectly until recently. Now the lights go on at dusk and never turn off.

Asking everyone to uninstall, reinstall, etc. is not an answer. Look into this problem and fix it. Taking all the steps you suggest is the easiest response and very difficult for folks with many smart lights.

2 Likes

I’ve recently been experiencing the same issue with the landscape lights connected to my Ring Transformer. I’d hate to have to reconfigure all the lights and cameras as the solution here. Any more elegant steps? I’ve power cycled, checked WiFi - bridge and bridge - transformer signal strength, deleted and renewed the schedule , but alas …

I’ve had ring replace my transformer and the problem is still present. If I had to guess, either the transformer or the bridge need a firmware update.

Ring: please fix this.

1 Like

Hey neighbors! If you’re still having this concern, we recommend reaching out to our support team directly so that they can take a deep dive into this and look further into what the problem here is. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Feel free to come back to this thread to share any solutions that you find with our support team!

Recently purchased in June 2022. Problem still exists. Has anyone come up with a solution?

1 Like

If you use Alexa and connect to your ring app using the Ring skill, you can create a “routine” that does the same thing. My transformer schedule suddenly stopped working after a year. Ring said reinstall the app (that’s micky mouse troubleshooting at best). So I deleted the device schedule for the transformer and started playing around with routines in Alexa. I set the same schedule and same actions …. Worked like a charm.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.