Transfer Ring Protect basic plan when upgrading doorbell

I just purchased a Ring Doorbell 3 to replace my old original Ring Doorbell.

How do I transfer my Ring Protect basic plan over to my new doorbell while retaining all the old videos? Is this possible?

Hey @Vertigo. It is not possible at this time to save the videos you once had on the other Doorbell and have them accessible through the new Doorbell’s event history. You will need to save any videos you may need and store them away before removing the old Doorbell you are replacing with the Doorbell 3. You can then cancel the plan once the Doorbell has been removed, and sign up for a new one for the Doorbell 3. You can learn more about how to cancel a plan in our Help Center Article here! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just bought a new ring. I want credit for my basic plan from my old ring to put toward the new one. Is that how it works? I realize the videos can’t be transferred, the how do I get credit ?

1 Like

Hi @Artwindows. I would suggest calling in to our support team so they can look over your account billing information and best assist you in making sure that your Ring devices have the correct Ring Protect Plan attached to them. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.