Touch screen keypad for Ring Alarm with ability to view cameras

Touch screen keypads are a modern device that has been around for a while. Currently, Ring does not have a touch screen keypad. I know you could use an old iPad but that is not safe since anyone can disarm the system without any codes. I think that a touch screen keypad would be amazing. This can allow customers to arm their system, see where the exact issue is in the event of an alarm, view cameras, etc. There are many possibilities for a touch screen keypad. ADT and other DIY systems like COVE have their own touch screen panel. Their panels allow a more luxurious feel to their system. I’m sure that this panel will need to be plugged in but that’s okay. I would love for this device to be added to Ring Alarm and their ecosystem as so many others would. Just another reason to chose Ring!

Hi @sunside. This is great feedback. I’ve gone ahead and moved this to our Feature Request Board so other neighbors can share and add interest to this Feature Request.

6 Likes

I think a video enabled keypad would be great! I had that with my last provider.
Can you add to the list a setting that can be enabled in the Ring iOs app that requires the access code to disarm the alarm?
Im using an iPad on the wall, and need to keep the iPad passcode locked at all times, but would love to instead keep it on the Ring app as a hub interface, but with my alarm code still needed to disarm the system on entry.

5 Likes

That’s will be an awesome add on.
I will be nice to have a touchscreen to control the system and live view the cameras ect.
That kind of technology will make Ring the best system.

5 Likes

This is what I had in mind. I would like to have them offer some security to the app. Maybe a passcode or face/touch id to arm and disarm a system.

3 Likes

Any updates on this @Tom_Ring

1 Like

In addition to this, if y’all really wanted to step it up and make something impressive. Integrated Face ID as an option to control modes.

2 Likes

Multi feature keypad with video touch screen. The current keypad is fine for someone who is looking for simple or basic. How about advanced users, or people who want smart home Integration, or people who just want to upgrade to the latest and newest tech. There should be a Keypad that allows you to answer, view and talk when someone rings the door bell. It should allow viewing of any Ring camera. It should be connected to other compatible devices such as lights, or accessing Wifi thermostats controls. It should double as an Alexa device. It should show the outside weather. The possibility’s seems endless with remote firmware updates - your team just needs to design and build the hardware end of things…

3 Likes

Any thought of making another Keypad that also has a screen so that you have the ability to select a camera and view it…

1 Like

This would be a great addition, nearly every other company has it. Here’s what I would like to see. A beautiful 8in screen that has a battery and thin plug-in option. Something similar to the Echo Show 15 platform built for the Ring ecosystem.

1. Availability to control Amazon Smart Thermostat/compatible thermostats from unit.
  2. Camera pop up when door bell is rang.
  3. Option to select any Ring connected camera from unit.
  4. The main screen should have the full ring alarm digital menu options with password keypad protection.
  5. System notifications, such as tempering and low battery Alerts.
  6. A Smart options functionality outside of the Ring ecosystem integrated with the Alexa ecosystem like the Echo Show 15 platform to control connected smart devices such as lights, music, etc.

This would be the perfect solution that a price range of $280.00 - $350.00 would be reasonable for.

3 Likes

Exactly, it love this!!!

2 Likes

Exactly. If ring were to add this functionality and addition like a Ring carbon monoxide/ fire detector, Ring would be the best system on earth hands down. Over ADT, and finally be able to take down Vivint.

1 Like

Or just make an alarm control app for amazon devices with the features already built in. I already have a fire tablet on the wall running a makeshift app but it’s a whole lot of work versus just downloading an approved one from Ring.

2 Likes

Yea, this seems like it should have been something easily integrated on an echo show or something by now, but I’d much rather see it be a standalone device mounted on the wall similar to other more current systems. Hurry up with this one ring!

Every once in a while I check to see if Ring ever went into development in a touchscreen alarm pad. I’m always disappointed. It’s a pain when you’re trying to set the alarm, but you can’t because there is an open zone somewhere. You don’t know where because you have to pickup a device to go find it.

I think a touchscreen keypad for the Ring alarm would be a great addition to the Ring alarm product line. You could have the ability to live view cameras, and see who is at the door if you have a Ring doorbell. This would obviously be able to control your Ring alarm and act as a normal keypad. The keypad would have to be plugged in all the time and could have a backup battery for essential functions. If the keypad had good integration with other Ring products such as lighting I think it would greatly encourage people to buy in to the Ring ecosystem.

Love this idea! Think a home mapping feature would be cool so you can also see which sensors are alarming or something like that

THIS WOULD BE AMAZING!! RING- PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!! @Tom_Ring

I appears the new Echo Hub will be able to do all of this.

Amazon has released the Echo Smart Hub, which allows it to become a Ring Keypad.

https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Hub/dp/B0BCR7M9KX/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3FWBDOHD2ZVKC&keywords=amazon+echo+hub&qid=1703254945&sprefix=amazon+echo+hub%2Caps%2C158&sr=8-7

2 Likes