Feature Request Board

Browse posts, comment and give us recommendations for improvement about features on Ring.com and in the Ring app.
M
Timer for chaning Modes
modes
device-settings
app-request
I disable alerts and recordings when working in my yard or driveway. More than once I've forgotten to turn it back on. A timer function when turning off alerts would be a great feature add. For example "disable for x hours."

11-05-2020 10:14:00

Responses (13)

Same issue with me. a timer would be awesome. i find out after several days that the motion and recording are off. Please add a timer to that feature.

19-06-2020 09:38:35

G
Would like a timer for the “disable” mode. I use it on my patio at times, and forget to turn it off and find that all night my patio is offline. I would also like to second the lights feature, if you phase or disable security cams, it should include disabling the lights that motion detect as well, annoying to have to go in deeper to turn the motion lights Off manually.

23-08-2020 10:20:49

J
I came here to post this same suggestion. A Timer would be a great addition for when you expect motion activity for example doing yard work or having friends and family over and people are constantly coming in and out.

18-10-2020 01:11:05

L
100% agree. I turn off my video doorbell when my kid is playing in front of it, and I always forget to turn it on again at night. A timer for modes would be wonderful.

23-10-2020 02:50:00

H
seconded ……. are ring aware of these requests? and are they doing anything about it?

24-05-2021 09:45:46

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User