Amazon Alexa + Ring

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about how Ring works with Alexa-enabled Echo devices.
U
Thermostat Shortcut Not Loading
works-with-ring
troubleshooting
Every time I load my Ring app, my shortcuts pop up right away. However, my thermostat shortcut ALWAYS fails to load. It appears grey instead of blue, and it says "Learn More" in the shortcut tile. However, I have found a workaround so I can still access my thermostat through the app. I need to click on "Learn More" and then exit that screen, sometimes multiple times, but eventually the Thermostat shortcut finally exists. It appears blue, lists my current temperature, and I can click into it to adjust my temperature settings. I don't imagine that there's anything I can do to fix this on my end since this happens for my wife on her iPhone, and it has occurred for me on two separate Android phones as well. This is mostly an issue of inconvenience, but I hope there is some remedy out there.

13-07-2023 07:55:51

Responses (1)

C
Hi @user50996. Would you mind sharing a short screen recording demonstrating this behavior with the thermostat shortcut? What is the brand and model name of the thermostat you have?

14-07-2023 03:41:08

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User