Text Message alerts for alarm activations (ie; armed-away sensor activations)

Why does Ring not provide text alerts for apparent break-ins / unauthorized alarms -particularly with paid professional monitoring? I believe every other system on the planet does this -including your primary self-install competitor (SimpliSafe) and my 7-10 year-old Monitronics (later Brinks). Push notifications are much too numerous to be effective. A text plus phone call would be a much surer way of alerting a homeowner of a break-in. We were the victims of a burglary several years ago and were not in a position to answer the phone, but could have easily checked a text -which can be announced verbally on most modern phones -even my several years-old LG G5. Please add text notifications as an option. We all know ALL TOO WELL thar Ring insists on using text or email for 2 factor authentication -as posted elsewhere in the Ring “Community” (which is painful in itself), so there has to be some capability for text messages somewhere within the company.

4 Likes

@Trisailor wrote:

Why does Ring not provide text alerts for apparent break-ins / unauthorized alarms -particularly with paid professional monitoring?

Until the Ring Teams provide you with a solution for your request, I had read about a "Work-around"method for you to get text messages. This idea was posted by @BryanB , in the Ring Alarm forum. It’s easy, and pretty slick I think.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Receive-text-sms-messages-the-easy-way/m-p/53349