terrible sound quality on the speaker

Hi, I have a very strange problem. I have a few Echo show devices and when ever I try to communicate with it at the ring video pro, I get a very distorted sound. It’s like the microphone of the echo show is too strong, too powerful and it is loud and distorted at the doorbell. We can hear very clearly the sound from the person outside on the echo show but the person outside hear a very distorted sound. Very hard to understand what we are saying.

Now what’s very strange is that when I use my cellular phone with the app, the sound is clear both way. I can hear the person well and the person outside can hear my voice clearly, no distortion.

I have the ring volume set to the minimum, so not sure what else to do to adjust the microphone volume or gain on the echo show to make it produce less distortion outside.

It’s really bad. I bought 2 echo show in order to be able to answer the doorbell when I work at the computer or cook, but I won’t be able to use them because the person outside will not understand that garbage of a sound.

how can I fix this? I tried all my 3 echo show device and they all do the same. The volume from the microphone on the echo show seem to be too loud for a decent conversation with the doorbell, and it’s hard to understand what the person is saying.

Hi, I have a very strange problem. I have a few Echo show devices and when ever I try to communicate with it at the ring video pro, I get a very distorted sound. It’s like the microphone of the echo show is too strong, too powerful and it is loud and distorted at the doorbell. We can hear very clearly the sound from the person outside on the echo show but the person outside hear a very distorted sound. Very hard to understand what we are saying.

Now what’s very strange is that when I use my cellular phone with the app, the sound is very clear both way. I can hear the person well and the person outside can hear my voice clearly, no distortion. I have the ring volume set to the minimum, so not sure what else to do to adjust the microphone volume or gain on the echo show to make it produce less distortion outside. It’s really bad. I bought 2 echo show in order to be able to answer the doorbell when I work at the computer or cook, but I won’t be able to use them because the person outside will not understand that garbage of a sound.

how can I fix this? I tried all my 3 echo show device and they all do the same.

I have the same problems on iPhones, on Amazon Echo the sound is fine.

See my post “Sound of Voice when responding very bad and distorted”.

Although I contacted support and Ring members answered in this thread, I have been left alone with this problem.